Thursday, April 24, 2008

-: The Second Hunting :-

After finishing my bachelors i had the first phase of hunting. The Hunting for a job which pays me for my bread & butter. After some years down the line, the Second and most important phase of Hunting started. The hunting for a SoulMate. Probably the most important HUNT of life time.
i would to talk about some of the most embarrassing moments of both the hunting phases.
I went for a interview with some XYZ company and cleared some 2 rounds of technical interview and was about to be hired by the company. To complete the formality a Manger should interview me. The HR was very keen to give me a offer and don't wanted to waste Time and there were no Mangers on saturday. I was seated in a meeting room where the HR told, he would give me a offer letter after a formal interview with some Manger. I was much happier that moment. He came back in some 10 minutes and said the CEO of the company is the only guy available and i need to talk to him for a while. He insisted that it would be totally a formality. I went and sat for the interview, and when the CEO started, i was feeling like "Oh God ....when will this guy leave me to go out, i don't want any offer or anything, please leave me !!!!! i will go and survive in some remote part of the world on air and water." His questions were more of why you wanna join my company only (non-technical)? what u wanna be after 5 years from now ? For which i told a big story(infact i used to have a pre-prepared answers for most of the HR question) and he did start asking 101 questions back. In the back of my mind i was feeling like, "Hey dude, i want some job to fill my stomach". Sadly i was screwed. I didn't get the offer too [:(]
Now coming on to the interview for the second hunt. I went to see a girl at her residence with my family(bro,sis,bro-in-law & sis-in-law). Totally 5 of us like Pancha Pandavas. We were received by the Girls family. It was so nice to be received like that. My bro introduced everyone to the girls family & the girls father introduced himself and his family members to us. I was made to sit aside on a different chair away from the other 4 of my family(like bali ka bakra). Then they called the girls who sat on a chair oppsoite to mine(though her father was sitting beside her). The girls Father asked me when did i come back from US and what my Dad & Mom are upto? My bro-in-law asked the girl about her education and some formal questions which we knew from her bio-data already. Her father asked me to talk to his her if i have any question. I was very much nervous that time,i had a eye contact with the girl just for the first time she came into the hall. After that i never raised my head to see her again[:(]. Poor guy don't have any experience talking to girl(especially when my family members were with me, I thank god at least i didn't go with my MOM & DAD, it would have been much more tougher than being with my siblings). I was quite for a while then the girls father asked me if i want to go alone with the girl and talk(he felt like i was shy to talk infront of everyone). I wasn't knowing what to talk and what not to ???
I just asked her where her office is?
she said ITPL.
That's it, my blood pressure went upto 200mm and settled down to 140~150 mm. i could feel my heart beat changes. Even in that hot room i felt the coldness of my feet(My feet was ICE Cold). After a bit of silence i looked at my bro and signed him to finish the conversation. My bro asked the girl to ask me question if she has any?
She started.....

SHE : how long have i been working?
ME : X years
SHE : which company am i working for?
ME : XYZ company
SHE : which are the other companies worked for earlier?
ME : ...
SHE : where was my company in Bangalore?
ME : XYZ area........ i rembembered my first interview of my life.

i felt like "Oh God please ask her to stop" i used to answer the Q in one or two word without a eyecontact with her. After a lots of question i was feeling like this Girl is better than me in talking. Atleast she wsn't that hesitant to aks whatever she had in her mind. Propbaly she had meet some 1~2 guys before me meeting her, so somewhat more experienced than me(basically i conviencied myself [:D]).
After coming out of their home, all my bro's & sis's were teasing me like, u shld changed the roles(The girl taking the placeof me and me taking the place of her) Till that day there were under the impression that i was candid and outspoken as i awlays do at home. i rembembered the popular Hindi quote "Har Kutta apne gali mai sher hota hai".
My Hunt is still on. Destiny would have written something for me. Hope that would come soon. [:)]

7 comments:

ಭಿ.ಕುಲಕರ್ಣಿ said...

its really interesting to see Our mumbai in such a catch 22 situation...

A farseer who can sense such situations far ahead of time, and tries to get out of them before they can even come to him...

Happy Hunting buddy

Anonymous said...

Its funny to c u being bugged.(:-) b'cos u often bugged others in college!! anyway u advised like a big bro).Gud observations in such short number of meetings..

Anonymous said...

nice 2 c the practical guy in the real life caught up scene .. ;)

It is so fantastic to read abt.... i really miss the blush and the expressions of ur face of those moments... ;)

Ram said...

hey dude, i can very well connect to your situation, though part two is yet to come in my life!

wish you good luck dude

Unknown said...

hunting may hunts u.... dear...???

Anonymous said...

Dude,

I remember here one of our college mate who had given a presentation in a "*Company*" to get a job and spoke on "Learning is a continuous process"...Hope you too can recognize now about whom I am writting here....All the best for your hunt....

Unknown said...

Pacchi, great experiance. I can imagine your face at that time. Happy Hunting and share more experiances which will help us too