Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Can there be a unbiased media ???

I used to be a big fan of all the Indian NEWS channels(Aaj tak, Star, NDTV, IBN..etc). I simply loved the news channels more than regular Movie/Music Channels because we get a lots of advertisement inbetween NEWS (sorry it should be NEWS inbetween Adds) and i love to see Adds then Movie/Music/News. With such a less time to show off their talent, Add Master should make MOST out of it. I used to scold all the cheap Tabloids on all these News channel. But the reality was most of the NEWS channels where Owned/Funded by Politicians. So you can't expect it to be unbiased.

My experience with the NPR(National Public Radio, a non-profit membership media organization) was great till today, though i missed those lovely mind blowing Adds. I used to hear the News during my afternoon drive to a neraby restaurant for all these days. I used to feel good about different topics discussed in there. Today there was an interview which caught hold of all my senses. The interview was with a person who was a Prisoner of War (POW)(He was POW in Middle East for about 2 years) & a Phyciatrist. The POW was explaining the painful part of torture section of his 2 years life as a POW & the Physciatrist was explaining his mental state at that time. I was feeling so bad and the interviewer was digging...digging & digging....It looked like a never ending story, i simply couldn't withstand that so changed the channel.

I asked myself, is this news channel which i am hearing from almost 6 moths is "UNBIASED" ???
Sadly the answer is NO [:(].

I never heard an interview with pesron who had been a victim of Gulf/Iraq/Vietnam war or a Iraqi/Russian POW. who had been undergone the same state as the POW of todays interview. Media in any corner of the world should be biased as there is an individual person reporting the NEWS and we as a viewers/hearers need to see/hear through his eyes/mouth. Only thing we should look at media is some what less unbiased stuff, that's it.

No comments: